Constantin V. Roboostoff is "AV" rated by Martindale Hubbell and has tried a variety of cases in both State and Federal Court during his career of over 30 years. In 1988 he partnered with Scott Kalkin to establish the law firm of Roboostoff & Kalkin. The partnership's roots grew from a chance meeting in a martial arts class years earlier. At the time, Mr. Roboostoff was a senior partner in another firm where he specialized in personal injury, wrongful termination, and insurance bad faith. His practice at Roboostoff & Kalkin focuses on ERISA disputes, personal injury, wrongful death, wrongful termination, workplace harassment and discrimination, and insurance bad faith.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Roboostoff has obtained substantial awards and settlements on behalf of his clients. In 2005, Mr. Roboostoff obtained a 1.6 million dollar award for a 65 year old, non-English speaking immigrant, who lost her adult daughter in a tragic apartment fire.
Mr. Roboostoff is one of six children whose parents fled from Russia to Shanghai, China, during the Communist Revolution. In 1952, following the Communist Revolution in China, the Roboostoff family immigrated to Australia. Mr. Roboostoff came to the U.S. in 1960 and began his legal career in 1976 after earning his law degree and being admitted to the California Bar. In 1977, Mr. Roboostoff was inducted into the University of San Francisco's Athletic Hall of Fame.
Christine Ondersma v. Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (PDF)
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Disability Claims
- ERISA Litigation
- Wrongful Termination
- Employment Harassment
- Discrimination Litigation
- California, 1976
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1982
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 1975
- University of San Francisco, San Francisco, California
- B.S. - 1971
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell - Highest possible peer review rating in legal ability and ethical standards
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, President, 1989 to 1989
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member